What happens next?
All that remains to do is to download and install an app, and create a secure account. After that, you are good to go!
You are about to receive an email to confirm that your trial has been set up and you are now ready to get started.
Let's now walk through the remaining steps required to get you up and running.
Download and install THE SILO APP
To access a safer web, you will use the Silo secure web browser app. Silo is similar to your existing web browser with a number of important differences:
- Using Silo, all of your online activity is completely anonymous, secure and private
- Using Silo, your device is totally immune to malware infections such as ransomware
You can download Silo for Windows, Mac OSX, Linux (Ubuntu) and iPad here.
Once downloaded, install Silo as you would any other software.
SECURE Account Creation
After installation, open Silo and enter in your sign-up email address to create a secure account.
DEFINE A LOGIN PIN
To log into Silo, you will use a numeric PIN rather than a password. The next step is to define and memorise your login PIN.
Security tips: Here's what not to use as a PIN
- Your date of birth
- Your phone number (or any part of it)
- Your driver's license number (or any part of it)
- Your credit card number (or any part of it)
- Your unit/house number/postcode
- Commonly used PINs (1234, 1111, 0000, 1212, 7777, 1004, 2000, 4444, 2222, 6969 ...)
In short, pick a PIN that has 6 or more numbers and make the sequence random and unpredictable.
Two-Factor Authentication and Phone Verification
If you enable two-factor authentication (2FA), your phone will be used as a second means of verification during the login process. You now have the option of enabling 2FA. If you choose not to enable 2FA, then you will only need your PIN number to log in.
To continue, confirm if you would like to enable 2FA. If you choose Yes, you will be prompted for your phone number including country code. Following that, you will be required to verify your number using SMS or voice. If you choose No, the you will proceed to the final step of the process.
Terms of Service
The final step of the registration process is to agree to the Terms of Service. Upon completion, you are ready to access a safer web using Silo.
Support & Assistance
Upgrading to a Multi-user Trial
The initial trial version is for a single user only and does not include any administrator functionality. To roll-out the trial to a team or business, you can request an upgrade by selecting ‘Silo Admin’ using the Open Apps Panel icon in the Silo toolbar. Complete the presented form to upgrade to a multi-user 'teams' trial and evaluate the full suite of administrator capabilities.
What Should I Do First in the Multi-user trial?
Not everyone needs to use the Silo app to access a safer web. Whilst administrators will use Silo to set up users and access policies, business users can access the system directly using their existing browser by navigating to https://a8silo.com. Review this functionality by completing the following steps:
- Defining the organisational structure
- Define web access policies and apply them to the structure
- Create users and assign them to business unit(s) within the organisational structure
- Define web apps for commonly used business applications and assign them to users
- Login via https://a8silo.com to check out app-less entry
Note that https://a8silo.com can only be accessed by users in a multi-user trial.